This week’s luxury focus spotlight is on Austin, Texas. The state capital and home to the University of Texas flagship campus, is the fastest growing large city in the United States. A recent issue of Austin.curbed.com (The Most Expensive Condos in Austin Right Now) features a list of the most expensive condos currently for sale in that city. Not surprisingly, the priciest units are clustered around a small number of exclusive residential buildings.
- The Independent – starting at $2.55 million; this is a spec unit in the Independent, which is currently under construction; there are 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms; quartz counters and 10- foot ceilings
- Four Seasons Residences (#2302) – $2.6 million; HOA dues – $1,792 per month; 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2,692 square feet; great views, great terrace, great amenities.
- Fifty Five Condos at Hilton (#3101) – $2.6 million; HOA dues – $2,160 per month; 3 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, 4,031 square feet; large penthouse with 12 foot windows, custom fish tanks, outdoor terrace with shower, four balconies.
- Four Season Residences (#2004) – $3.2 million; HOA dues – $2,304 per month; 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 3,454 square feet; sprawling master suite, floor to ceiling marble walls in bathroom, private terrace entrance.
- The W Residences (#2805) – $3.35 million; HOA dues – $957 per month; 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 3,498 square feet; custom corner unit with lake and city views, wide-plank walnut hardwood floors, Carrara marble counter tops in gourmet kitchen with Miele appliances, two outdoor living areas.
- The Austonian (#34P) – $3.8 million; HOA dues – $2,614 per month; 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2,961 square feet; currently has purple décor and guitars (not sure what that means!); also has 270 degree views of the city, high-end finishes, Italian marble flooring, infinity-edge bathtub that overlooks the lake.
- The Independent (#5304) – $3.5 million; HOA dues – $1,828 per month; 3 bedrooms, 3,5 bathrooms, 3,514 square feet; Currently Austin’s most well-known future high rise where sales are already brisk; this is largest unit floor plan in building and offers a media room, study, butler’s pantry, three parking spots, two balconies; spectacular southwest views.
- The Austonian (#43Mt) – $4 million; HOA dues – $1,281 per month; 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 3,542 square feet; designed by David Bravo; features Italian tiles, wood floors, custom designer cabinetry, top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances, three parking spots, storage unit.
- Four Seasons Residences – $5.3 million; HOA dues – $3,657 per month; 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 5,298 square feet; expansive corner unit in one of Austin’s most admired hotel/residence buildings; unit features panoramic views, wine room, high-end everything – including concierge, valet, room service and all amenities offered to hotel guests.