Periodically, we will feature some of the priciest condos sold, focusing on a different city each time. This week’s city is from Melissa Romero in “Curbed Philadelphia” (Philly’s Most Expensive Homes Sold in 2017).
- The Lanesborough penthouse – Sold for $6,231,000 on June 15, 2017; featuring 4,000 square-foot, 3-bedroom, 3.5 bath penthouse with four outdoor terraces; even the bathrooms have amazing views.
- 1706 Rittenhouse Square – Sold for $4,750,311 on March 29,2017; 4,166 square-foot condo sold for $1.2 million below the asking price. The buyer is now the new owner of the entire seventh floor of the building. The unit features 3 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, outdoor space and a 1,000 bottle wine room.
- Symphony House, 440 South Broad Street – Sold for $3,700,000 on January 9, 2017. This penthouse is 4,569 square feet and is on the 30th and 31st It has 4 bedrooms and features a private wine-tasting room.
- One Riverside in Fitler Square, 210-220 South 25th Street – Sold for $3,750,000 on May 30, 2017. This condo is 3,780 square feet and features 3 bedrooms, 4.5 baths and access to all of the building’s amenities, including a laptop pool.
- 219 South 18th Street – Sold for $3,000,000 on April 18, 2017. This custom penthouse is 5,145 square feet and located right on famed Rittenhouse Square. It features big, wide-open spaces and has special gallery-style lighting.
- 1820 Rittenhouse Square – Sold for $2,880,000 on June 16, 2017. This 3 bedroom, 3 bath, 3,217 square foot condo was on market for short time; new owner now owns half of the 7th floor in this building
- Residences at the Ritz Carlton – Sold for $2,875,000 on April 21, 2017. 3,060 square foot condo has 3 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms and amazing views.
- Residences at the Ritz Carlton – Sold for $2,875,000 on May 3, 2017. Another condo in the Ritz Carlton! Has 3 bedrooms, 4.5 baths and epic views from the 38th
Two additional properties made the list. However, they are both townhouses.
- 613 Pine Street – sold for $3,375,000 on January 5, 2017. After sitting for quite a while, this townhouse was sold for much less than original asking price of $5,775,000. Built in 1990 to house owner’s immense art collection, it has a gallery on every floor! There is also an inner courtyard that doubles as sculpture garden and a solarium.
- 117 Walnut Street – Sold for $3,350,000 on April 21, 2017. 5,000 square foot townhouse is part of Walnut Estates. It is five stories tall and features an outdoor roof deck with views of I.M. Pei’s world-famous Society Hill Towers